We are proud to be members that donate our extra to fund Operation Christmas Child boxes across the globe. We recycle bottles and cans to tend to the cost of shipping, and throughout the year donate items for our children/youth department to put together and send off. Although you could always make your own boxes, donations will continue each month with a focus on specific items needed.
We ask members to completely pack boxes they wish to send to Operation Christmas Child. Boxes are due NO LATER THAN NOVEMBER 1st to the church office. Thank you for your understanding.
How to pack your shoebox
- Get a standard size shoebox to pack for a boy or girl. You will also need to know which age group you are packing for – 2 to 5 years old, 5 to 9 years old, or 10 to 14 years old. Need shoeboxes? Bethel members can pick one up at Bethel and/or Hobby Lobby.
- Select a quality “wow” toy such as a doll, soccer ball with pump, or stuffed animal.
- Pack full with other fun toys, hygiene items, and school supplies.
- Pray for the child who will receive your gift. Including a personal note and photo makes a big impact!
- Bethel members return the shoebox by the first Sunday in November. We will cover the shipping cost. (Feel free to bring CA Redemption Value soda cans and water bottles to help pay for the cost!)
We will ship them out to the collection centers in November.
More information can be found at samaritanspurse.org/occ